Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A little CRAZY!!

So its after 1:30am and I should be sound asleep, but can't. We have had a visitor the last few days and she has been pretty OK, until this morning. Fay has made a mess our our yard this weekend, but now that she is passing back this way, storms are all over the place. School was canceled because she decided to cause havoc and even though she is gone we are still dealing with a few storms. About 30 min ago I started hearing thunder (trying to fall asleep) then all of a sudden the sirens go off. I just hate the feeling of panic that courses through my body. James was off to check the radar to see where the storm was and I was clearing out the closet just in case I needed to get the kids up.
It seems to be a bit north of us but still causes concern. I'm sitting here watching the map change every few seconds and knowing that 6 am is going to come too soon. Anyway I'm just too awake to try and sleep so just wanted to share ;)
Well guess I'll stop rambling for now. Think I'll go find a book to read.

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

I happen to LOVE storms but I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to hear the sirens. I've never heard the perspective of someone I knew living in this chaos.
I love you and hope it passes soon. You didn't get this in TX did you?

Tresa said...

Tx had the storms too but no sirens... the good thing where we lived was that most storms would be east of us on the I35... they just liked to follow the freeway.

Katrina, Kyle and Family said...

That must be so scary. I can't imagine hearing sirens and knowing a storm may come and destroy your home. You sound so calm in your post. You are a rock. I will keep you in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! How scary for all of you. ((((TRESADEE)))

on a side note...i was thrilled to come in here and see you had been blogging again!

love you

Diamond in the Rough said...

That is so scary. How do the boys do during storms? I hope it skips over you so you can sleep, or read :)!

Joleen Haag