Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Puppy, Puppy, Puppy!!!

Well, I was totally surprised when James came to me and said that I should call Sheila and ask her about a dog. That was almost 2 months ago. Sheila has done a great job looking for just the right puppy. We decided to go with a Shih tsu, due to the lack of skin dander and shedding.

Anyway Sheila sent out an email letting us know she found the one (last Thursday) and that she would put it on a plane so we could pick her up on Sunday. Both James and I were asking each other 'think we're ready to have a dog?' lol It was totally crazy! We decided to keep it a surprise for the boys, so Sunday we said that there was a package we needed to pick up at the airport. Of course a long drive wasn't their idea of a fun time but we promised that it would be worth it. They didn't ask too many questions till we got to the airport. In fact Brennon informed me if this was a trick to get him on a plane; "it wasn't going to work." lol

After waiting a while they finally brought out our little puppy. And she is SOOOO cute. Aiden asked who's dog it was and when I said, 'ours' I don't think he believed me. When they finally realized she was our little puppy the boys were so excited. Finn, too small to get a good look at her, wanted up to get a peek. Needless to say all four boys were surprised!

Well, to make this long story short we got her home and the boys just love her to pieces. She is so friendly and loves the attention she gets from the boys. As for her name we were thinking of characters from some of the cartoons they watch and found one in Avatar the last Air bender we liked.

So we would like you to meet Toph

2 comments:

Bringhurst Family said...

She's a real cutie. Lately when the kids ask for a dog I say isn't a baby enough? But I know sooner or later I'm going to have to give in.

Rochelle said...

I love your puppy! Oh how cute! I love love love the coloring.And what a cute name! Have fun!