Friday, October 31, 2008

Princess for a night

Wednesday was the graduation Ball. James and I had a wonderful night. If you have ever been to a military ball then you will already know how things went, if not.... let me tell you ;)

It started with me getting my hair done (James insisted). I had the hair lady do little curls all over the back. It turned out quite pretty. When school got out we took the boys to a friends for the evening. With time running out I had to hurry and get ready... thank goodness I didn't have to do anything with my hair ;) We had to be there at 5 pm for social hour, which was a new experience for me. I only knew a few people, but made it through one hour of chatting away with strangers. We also had our pictures taken and should get them back in a few weeks. I sure hope they turned out nice. So after social hour it was time to go through the receiving line. Now this is so we can meet and say hi to the guys in charge, their wives and guest speaker. I can only remember one of the wives names... Heather.

After the receiving line we waited and talked to people by our table. I guess the rule is to wait for the guy in charge to sit first. But before he sits, we paid our respects to the POW's. It was a very moving tribute. I can't help but get emotional when I hear taps. Then the soldiers did a few different toasts which ended with toasting the ladies, and finally we get to sit :) Before dinner is served though, the men presented all the wives with an honorary diploma for helping our guy get through flight school and a set of wings. James got me a beautiful necklace with wings. I remember seeing other wives with wings before and thought "oh how pretty". I am very excited to have my own now.

We finally get to eat dinner. The rolls were the favorite for everyone. James and I had the chicken cordon bleu, and cheese cake was served for dessert.

As dinner ended we watched a class video. It was nice to see some pictures of James doing his job. I was even able to pick out which chin and helmet were his.

We had a great guest speaker. I don't remember his name but he was a Colonel and he had a great sense of humor. He spoke to the graduates about how they need to be great examples, and to respect the soldiers they are in charge of. I really enjoyed his speech.

The rest of the evening was about awards for this or that. James took a few pictures with friends and when the coast was clear (the high ranking guys gone home) we decided to head home too.



1LT Booher & James

James, 1LT Wagnild & 1LT Booher

James & WO1 Avalos


Isn't James so handsome in his dress blues...

4 comments:

nicole said...

How fun! You look beautiful. It's so nice sometimes to get dressed up and go out just with the hubby... it helps us remember why we fell in love with each other. Congrats to James!!

Diamond in the Rough said...

You look beautiful... and James looks handsome too!! What a fun night. Congrats to James and good luck with everything in the near future. Jess has finally decided 100% to put in his WO packet.... we'll see how that goes. What is James flying again??

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

You guys both look fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a gorgeous couple!
She us the necklace and a close up of your hair! :0)
Love you